3 Ways To Help Your Loved One Make Bail

Do you have a loved one who has recently been arrested? Are you looking for a way to get them out of jail as quickly as possible? Having a loved one in jail can be a stressful experience. Even if they may have committed the crime for which they are accused, you probably want them back home and in a safe environment. Most defendants are given the opportunity to post bail, which is an amount of money the court collects to ensure the defendant will show up at all future court appearances. If you don't have the cash available to post bail, you may have other options available. Below are three ways you can help your loved one get out of jail:

  • Ask for a surety bond. Some courts will allow an bail alternative known as a surety bond. With a surety bond, you post a percentage of the bail amount, often as little as 10 percent. If your loved one makes all future court appearances, your money is refunded. If he or she misses a court appearance, you have to pay the remaining balance of the bail. A surety bond can be an effective way to get your loved one out of jail quickly. However, if you believe there is a chance they could skip out on their court obligations, you may not want to make this commitment.
  • Post property in lieu of cash. Many courts will also let you sign over property instead of cash. For instance, you may post the title to your home, cars, or investment accounts. The court will then put a lien on the property, and if your loved one skips appearances, the court will seize the assets. If your loved one makes all obligations, the lien is released. Often, to use this option, the property must be free and clear with no other liens or loans. For instance, if you have a mortgage or home equity loan on your property, you likely won't be able to use it as bond collateral.
  • Use a bail bond. If a surety bond isn't an option and you don't want to post property, a bail bond could be your best bet. A bail bond service posts bail on behalf of your loved one. If your loved one fails to make an appearance, you will have to repay the bail for the bail amount. If your loved one meets all obligations, you won't have to pay bail as the bail bond service will likely get their money back. In either case, you will likely need to pay the bail bond company a fee for their services. You may also have to post property as collateral.

If you want to get your loved one out of jail quickly, a bail bond service could be the best option. Contact a service in your area like Brad's Bail Bonds to learn more.

About Me

Teaching Kids About Finances

Hello, my name is Cherish Jo. Welcome to my website. I would like to talk to you about teaching kids how to manage their money. Little kids can develop a strong grasp of saving money for a rainy day. Kids respond positively to methods that allow them to split their earnings into several categories. There are many ways to approach the process of teaching kids about budgeting. I want to share knowledge that will help educators and parents guide youngsters toward a healthy financial future. Please visit my site often to learn all you can about this interesting process. Thanks for coming by.